Sculpture review: Make Award (2023), Australian Design Centre

On Thursday I went with Yianni to see this show, we drove in his car and parked on Burke Street. It was a lovely warm evening with no rain. The Make Award exhibition was wonderful, with a range of different materials and subjects. It was a smorgasbord of design and as you can see the crowd was good.

Make Award, Australian Design Centre

There was also another show in the same space in the room next door, so two-for-one

We wandered around fosr about 30 minutes marvelling at the craftsmanship. Some amazing works of art on display.

Angela Valamaneshi, Once I Was A Teardrop (2023)

Csongvay Blackwood, Walk the Line - Version Seven (2022)

Jessica Murtagh, Self-checkout of Sisyphus (2023)

Nick Mount: Golden delicious: A Still Life (2023)

Sherrie Knipe, Recliner (2023)

Vipoo Srivilasa, Diverse Dominion Deities (2023)

This wasn't the order in which I snapped them, I just organised them randomly on my hard disk like this. I think it's alphabetical order by first name or something, I always wonder at how technology works. I was sure that the technology gods would be smiling down on Jessica Murtagh's amazing production, a vase in the style of a Grecian urn but with a modern theme. Just outstanding.

I'll post more gallery visits over the next few days, stay tuned for more posts. We did firve (yes, 5) visits in one night thanks to Yianni's trusty Mazda.

Comments