Greg and Slade's "cloudtree forest"

‘Into the Cloudtree Forest’ at Damien Minton’s space transported me with its fluffy Deco shapes, lush vegetation, and enticing vistas. I felt as though I was back in Queensland, where I lived for six years among possums, bush turkeys, and bananabirds.

I met up with Virginia and also spoke with Anna, Slade’s mother, and Anke, who is involved with Articulate Project Space. The room was packed to the rafters, so vibrant I took refuge at times outside on the pavement where it was quieter.

Also there was a man named Barry who’d been at a poetry reading the previous week, and we discussed hanging systems because as usual I brought up the matter of my paintings. It was a good night and Devina kindly dropped me off outside my house in her car (the top photo above is hers).

Comments