Wednesday night outing to Newtown and Chippendale

I jumped on the bus at Railway Square and was deposited in north Newtown so I could walk to Laerk Space to see the Christmas show. Outside on a street sign I already saw some art, and I took it as an omen.

Inside, I didn’t have much time to look around but nevertheless took everything in, particularly savouring a pair of little collages by Wayne Hutchins (see pic below).

I then got on a bus and scooted down to Broadway to Shepherd Street where in a small bar on the corner of Knox Street a poetry reading supported by Macquarie University was held. Gareth Jenkins (see pic below) opened proceedings but it was a diverse set of performers who delivered fun and fascination for all. There was even an open mic when Devina Bedford read out a funny (can it be?) Covid poem.

Well worth the $27 door fee. To keep body and soul together I had a Diet Coke from the bar but others were drinking alcohol (which I gave up 3 years ago) and the vibe was effervescent.

Comments

  1. It was quite a riveting night of fine performance, your gesture here at the start somewhat mirrors the poster you saw. https://share.icloud.com/photos/099hQwnF4i-pcZamaj3kYdWPA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment