Flying Islands Press book launch Sat 4 Feb

Last Saturday I went to a book launch at The Shop Gallery in Glebe for Flying Islands Press who have a number of new poetry books out and available to buy. Virginia went along too and got a seat so I contented myself with the pavement for most of the afternoon. 

The above photo is what I saw for a while until a break took me outside where I bought the books with a handy credit card. I kept the meter fed so that there was no parking ticket and later sat down on a chair near the kerb so I could watch in comfort.

Met up with Devina (who hastily snapped the following photo of me resplendent in summer outfit of T-shirt and board shorts) and other people as well including authors I have met over the years. 

It was a nice event though a little long, Virginia and I arrived at 5pm and left at 8pm when the show was still on. 

A good afternoon.

Comments