Poets at Petersham Bowlo Thurs 16 Feb

I jumped in the car to go to Petersham Bowlo for a poets reading on Thursday evening after hanging the living room wall with different works (see photo below).

At the bowling club there was a good turnout of regulars as well as some visitors, I showed them the ‘CAPitalism’ series as well as the ‘Shipwreck’ series which I’d brought along in my bag. When it was my turn to read I read out ‘Mourning raiments for J* H*’ a sonnet about a mother who’s son had killed himself. The choice was apposite as the group were remembering a man who was a regular and who had died in hospital.

One man at the event was giving away ‘Trad & Now’ magazine copies I took mine home and had a look at it the next day it’s all about folk music and that scene but he said they also take political poetry, so I emailed them. No reply by 18 Feb possibly my email had gone to the spam folder in their client software.

Comments