WestWords Mon night

Despite an incipient panic attack I made it out to Parramatta last night for WestWords a poetry reading and read out two poems including one about my aunt who died. The event was in honour of a poet who had passed away so I tried to be topical.

The trip was timely for another reason (see photo below) as I’d been contacted on Facebook Marketplace about a photo I had in my garage by Philip Plisson. It’s a striking image and the buyer lives out in the north-west so Parramatta was handy for both of us to meet and to do the transaction. I parked in Hunter St and met him so he could put it in his car.


Willem Tibben is the name of the man who died and after the evening of readings I feel like I know him a little better. Regrettably I forgot in my haste to leave home to bring a bag with paintings I’d done to show the organisers and attendees.

It was an interesting evening and I got home about 10pm or thereabouts so in time to watch a little bit of some idiotic crime drama, it was American and so bad I almost stayed up to finish. 

Comments

  1. a lovely evening there at Westwords. A beautiful venue. Auburn Poets and Writers Group will be doing our group show 'Stepping Through Mirrors' there, as part of Sydney Writers Festival on Tues 23 May

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment