Combined Art Societies of Sydney show Sun

I popped out to Little Bay on the weekend to see some beautiful amateur art, it was a joy to be surrounded by the products of so many inspired minds. I saw a sign inside telling me not to take photos so I offer an alternative type of reminder of the day, which was sunny and fine.

Excuse the left-hand digit it was unintentional, I just snapped a shot of the sandwich board quickly on the way out when I realised I needed a photo for this blog post.

I was especially impressed by the lovely watercolours of Trish Maclachlan and the oil paintings of Phil McKay, I wish I was more financial at the moment as I certainly would've bought one of their reasonably-priced works but I have stuff coming from the framers that has to be paid for.

All in all it was a nice day, showing me that there are a range of different approaches to figuration. While the purely figurative is the main type of work, especially landscapes (not surprising because of our wonderful natural environment), other approaches were evident.

Comments