Painting swap on Sun

On Sun Simon and I went to Wooloomooloo to me with Rozee Cutrone a local and an artist who’d expressed an interest on Instagram in swapping some of her paintings for some of mine. Naturally I was happy about this and Simon and I caught the bus/train to get to the CBD from where we walked.

I was happy when Rozee chose four (two sets) of “kotowaza” paintings, saying, “I don’t think you know how good these are.” Later I’d also give her ‘The human condition III’ a paramontage I’d also brought along with some others.

In return I got these drawings and a painting that is based on a bull. The drawings are lovely, with simple lines, and Rozee pointed out on the day how similar our handwriting is. In fact it’s uncanny.

After leaving Woolloomooloo Simon and I caught a cab to Milsone Point to meet with another artist, Billy Lake, to discuss with her doing a show in June. When I got home and the next day I got in touch with my framer to discuss preparing things to exhibit. Will keep you posted how things go …

Comments

  1. It was a fun day! Wouldn't it be great to set up a monthly art-swap in Hyde Park? All we need is permission from City of Sydney & I think that would be easy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment