Lisa Reihana opening Sally Dan-Cuthbert

Oh God I was so nervous about getting a panic attack last night in Rushcutters bay (I didn't) that I forgot to take a photo for the blog, so here's something I took just now on the web. Didn't get the timing right but I think it looks better when the images are transitioning so you get a ghost of the previous image as well.

I wuite liked Lisa Reihana's works though they're extremely expensive, as prints you don't normally expecdt to be asked to pay $25,000, way outside my league! They're nice though well executed and if you are into the whole post-colonial thing (which seems to be gathering steam) you'll enjoy these photos.

I was intrigued by the process used to make some of them, they look like paintings that had been photographed, edited, and then printed on some sort of hard material. I'll have to study her method it might be suitable for me, my collages are susceptible to peeling off.

After the show I walked back up to Darlinghurst and had dinner with some people, which was nice, so I fit several things in one visit.

Comments