Nanda/Hobbs on Thurs night

This was a bit of a failed get-together because only two of us did, Bernadette and me. Two others didn’t arrive and then I went home from Nanda/Hobbs before a fourth person came. So confusion all round, tho I did get a snap of the drawings on display (see below). To excuse the disarray I can only say that it was the group’s first meeting of the year …

I loved the talent evident in Jody Graham’s drawings, which are set up like a scrapbook on some walls with other paraphernalia included for atmosphere. The black-and-white colour scheme didn’t entirely satisfy me, I prefer bright colours, although going back to the 90s when everything was black-and-white is novel I guess.

The organisational talents on display on Thursday evening were not ideal hence the list of glitches, but I did get to show Bernadette some of my watercolours. One of the gallery staff came up to me and remembered my name so I almost had an opportunity to repeat the exercise but didn’t have the courage and kept the paper sheets in my bag the second time.

Comments