'Colour as a plot device' show hang

Yesterday I learned how to hang pictures in an exhibition. It was a busy day and an interesting one for me and for the others in the show. I met Bruno Valente and Victoria Lorenzatto for the first time and we got busy putting up the works. When Simon Kahn and I were planning the show I thought there'd be too many items for the gallery but it turned out that the number was ideal.



One person who popped into the gallery (163 Wilson St Newtown) to have a look had a puppy with her and the puppy got attention (see above). Bruno, Victoria, Dion (a friend of Bruno's) and I used a ladder to get the drops into the rails, then we measured the distance for the centre of each painting. Unfortunately mathematics is not my strong suit so I calculated the numbers wrong. When gallerist Annie Laerkesens arrived later the two of us had to recalculate.


The above photos show the wrong numbers. I didn't take a photo of the final hang but will put up more photos soon so you can check back in for updates if you have time. I spent Thursday in the gallery talking with people and just being there in person with dthe afternoon sun streaming in through the front glass doors. Later I got my jacket out of the car and the sun disappeared.

Comments