Wrap up of show 'Colour as a plot device'

I went to Laerk Space in Newtown on Monday to take home the paintings. I got the works of four artists in my car and said goodbye to xour wonderful gallerist Annie in the street. In the afternoon Victoria Lorenzatto popped by my place to pick up her work out of the ones I'd transported.

When I got home on Sunday I put the yellow flowers friend John Samaha gave me in a vase (see above). It was nice on Monday to finally do some housework, including two loads of laundry left from the weekend and the previous week. On Tuesday I did painting, starting a new series of 'Social animals'. 

After all the activity it was a relief to be quiet but I had such a joyful time during the show. One thing that the show reminded me of was work, and this feeling was exacerbated by the fact that I used to work very close to where the gallery is located, just down the street in fact. I even remembered the day I'd gone to that job interview it must've been in 2003, twenty years ago exactly, when I traipsed up Abercrombie St to the office.

Laerk Space was a world away from that office however, so no dramas. It was just strange and a bit awe-inspiring to be so close to my old life yet so far away.

Comments