Getting ready for new show in November at Laerk Space

I’m pleased to announce that I’ll be having my first solo show from 2-5 November at 163 Wilson Street Newtown. Opening party is 5pm on 2 Nov, the Thursday. This is a big moment in my life and I hope at least some people who're reading can make an effort to come along. It will be so much fun.


Behind me in the above photo is ‘Colour as a plot device’ from the first group show in August. It’s now hanging over my desk because it didn’t sell.

For the new show, ‘Media of mass psychology’ I’ve picked the works along with my brilliant gallerist Annie Laereskens. I took everything to the framer’s yesterday and specified it all, there are 13 works in the new show including my signature watercolour/collage works as well as paramontages: layered photos with poems attached to form unique and interesting artworks. 

‘Media of mass psychology’ will look at the ways we interact. The term “public sphere” is used a lot by people when they want to sound informed, you see people on X throwing it out when they’re making some claim to authority, but what is it exactly? Is it, really, a sphere? Is it round? Or is it shaped something like Jeff Koons’ balloon dog? Like a sausage – with two ends and a long segment of pulp in the middle? Or is it more like a fish making bubbles at the surface of the pond? What do you think is the shape of the public? Can you specify one? Can it be made into a painting? Can you photograph “the public” in its entirety?

Comments