Trip to Goulburn

I had a scare today when I caught the intercity to Goulburn because having not slept enough the night before I fell asleep during the journey. Lucky for me a friend called several times finally waking me up when the train had already been parked alongside Goulburn Statino for about ten minutes. I scrambled out with my bags and met up with Michael Garside who runs Gallery 59.

The trip back on another train (see above) was less fraught because I didn't have to barrel on like I barrelled off before! Michael at his gallery discussed plans for my third solo show, to open on 8 March running for two weeks.

When I got home I thought up the name for the show, I'd had a few ideas but seeing the space and seeing the works in the space I had a better notion of what to expect. I settled on "Gold 4WD" which is the title of one of the works.

If anyone knows a person in Canberra or surrounds who likes good art please let them know about this show. Michael is a painter himself and he said my works are more "modern" than what he normally shows in the gallery. It's nice to feel wanted, I've had some dodgy interactions on the socials over the end-of-year break. The reason I wasn't sleeping in fact is because I'd been staying up all night. Part of my motivation for keeping this sort of schedule is because operations in the western hemisphere are open when we're closed (for example the US and Europe), but I'd also had trouble sleeping the previous year at around the same time so decided to try something different. Keeping odd hours might've almost made me miss my appointment but the strange chest pains I'd had in 2022 didn't come back.

Comments