Carol Muller and Fiona Ferguson at Laerk Space

I was up in Newtown today picking up coffee fresh-ground and once I’d paid headed back to the car parked on Wilson Street. Of course I dropped by Laerk Space to check out the two photographers who’re currently exhibiting there as part of Head On Photography.

Fiona Ferguson’s works are closest to the door so I’ll talk about them first. You can see the bright colours (above pic) and you can buy unframed photos in limited series as well. I was told the artist uses Photoshop with original material in layers.

Carol Muller (above pic) takes photos of things in the street and she said all the shots in the show are of the local inner city area like Chippendale. It’s clear that Muller sees abstract elements in real life.

If you're in the area on Saturday you can go to the gallery for the opening at 11am.

Comments