Articulate anniversary show Sat

I popped out to see this show because someone I know was in it, we had a long talk about the pictures and other things. The photo below shows me with Natasha Allen's 'A4'.The sky and the hillside are both used with Payne's grey, of course with different amounts of water.

The photo below shows a work using text, it's Diane McCarthy's 'Untitled (Mobile Home #2)' employing text from a work of French literature in translation. I like the shapes.

The following work is Lynn Godfrey's '60% :(' which uses postage stamps with works stencilled on them, again it's a delicate work which requires you to approach close to it to get the full effect.

The following work is Chantal M Grech's '"I cannot remember exactly what she looked like ..."' which has a story behind it that you need to know in order for the work to have full effect. You need to read the text, which I will not include in full here. The story in the text refers to a bird seen while driving, then it is dead in the road and the person in the car gets out to take a photo. The green rectangle is what her camera recorded.

It's a dramatic work that is very satisfying. I was impressed by it.

Comments