Hopsters Xmas Market Sun

I loaded up with bags (see photo below) and headed out by bus, at Redfern found the trains weren't running so dodged back to get the replacement bus which took me to Newtown Station. I walked down Enmore Rd and arrived early. 

The first thing I did when going inside the shop was write out a sign for the pavement. I set up quickly (see photo below) and the other vendors arrived later eventually filling up all the space on the tables. Once customers arrived I saw my failings however as browsers tended to sneek past my setup but I sold some works, all single-panel $10 paintings, as well as cards.

A couple of days later I dropped by Officeworks to buy something I needed and picked up some marketing gear (see photo below) including plastic film sleeves for the cards and a stand to hold them.

You really need something dazzling like this to make people pay attention, otherwise they just saunter on past to more enticing displays. I wish I'd had this stuff on Sunday but there might be more markets in future so if needed I'll be prepared next time.

I invoiced Mitch from the taproom on Sunday night because all my purchasers bought using a transaction card. I'd prepared hundreds of dollars worth of change but in the event it wasn't needed. 

I thoroughly enjoyed doing the market it was a lot of fun. It reminded me of working in mum's shop when I was a kid.

Comments