Hopsters Taproom Christmas Market bags packed

I've spent a good deal of time over the past two weeks getting ready. Now my bags are packed.

This looks like a lot to carry on public transport but it's not that heavy because it's mostly paper. I put the paintings in envelopes with the names and a picture stapled to the front. I made signs with a price list and an indication of how to pay. I included sticky tape and a stapler. I have these metal stands (see in front of bag) from Spotlight to hold the framed works.

Most of the works on sale will be unframed hence the envelopes. In addition there are cards. I started out with a simple design for Christmas cards but then also made different designs including one based on that old movie 'The Castle'. I wanted to offer a range of things for people to enjoy.

The cards involve watercolour and collage because this is my painting method. I got pieces of A5 paper and folded them and put colour on the front then inside added collage to give the card a special cachet.

The address is 196 Enmore Rd Enmore and the gates open at 11am. The afternoon goes until 3 or 4pm I'm told so you should have time to browse. As well as my stall there will be other artists and a table selling poetry books: Mark Marusic from Petersham Poets will be in attendance.

Comments