Tiliqua Tiliqua Small Works Christmas show

Today I went by bus and train to Newtown then walked down through Enmore to Tiliqua Tiliqua at 257 Enmore Rd. The hanging complete I came to an empty gallery because I'd got the time wrong, but a friend was there and we talked among ourselves with Kate and Felix going about their business getting ready for the crowd due at 4pm.



All the art in two rooms (there are over 40 artists) were secured by open call, which means there was no entry criteria. Nevertheless the quality is uniformly high. This is approachable and accessible art,  nothing standofish at these prices, they're available to take away for very small outlay. I saw one work with a red sticker that sold for $50 though most are more than that.


The two works in the above photo are prints but there are even 30cm square oil paintings ready to give as a special gift to a loved one or friend.


You probably won't see a crowd like this if you go in from now up to 23 Dec because so many people usually only come to openings, but the operators will be there to discuss options and there is even a table with greeting cards for sale on it. I plan to take some of my homemade cards up there tomorrow.

I have two works in the show and hopefully both will go before the end of the affair. 

Comments