Newtown and Woollahra on 3 November

Busy day because I bought a print at Hego’s show at Luna Studio in Newtown so had to carry it home fearing rain. I was initially going to travel by bus from Newtown to Double Bay but glad I didn’t as there’re not many buses home to Edgecliff Station late at night.

This is me and Hego at his show, he didn’t want his face to compete with the paintings, which are lovely. The line is strange and the proportions are sometimes “fucked up” (his words) but I would say this is great art.

At Woollahra Gallery it was a full fun evening with Eliza Scott on first singing with the aid of her equipment, where she would record short bursts of voice to be set on replay so she could sing over the top of it.





Next up was Natalie Napoleon from Perth, a treat as far from home. The poetry riveting the small audience to their seats, full of mystery and surprise.





There was an open mic tho I didn’t participate I had my phone ready to go with a sonnet but decided in the end that the evening’s entertainment had been complete enough without me. Possibly next time I’ll get up to chance an encounter with strangers.




I got home in Ensign safely in the dark, twisting through familiar streets from the days of my past to arrive at my modern sanctuary.

Comments