Watercolour session on Sat 26 Nov

On the weekend we got down to painting with watercolours using paper I’d bought from Officeworks. The watercolour sets had been used previously for collages.

There were three of us including Sophie (right in pic) and Bronwen and we all used tables facing the light well where colocasias have been growing since March. The large, dark green leaves of these plants are ideal to serve as a subject for painting.

We took a couple of hours to do our paintings, one of which is shown above. This is one of the last of the four I made, and later I treated some of the others differently using collage to add words, which you can see on my personal blog. 

This week we’re having a meeting for the theatrical life-drawing class on Monday and on Thursday we’re meeting up in Rushcutters Bay to visit galleries open down that way for evening visitors, then we’ll go to Darlinghurst nearby for dinner.

Another thing this week is a visit on Saturday to the Art Gallery of New South Wales for the opening of the new wing. My ticket entitles me to be there at 11.30am and you need to book a spot. I think the public interest in the new building will be high.

Comments