Sydney Poetry Lounge 16 November

It was a busy evening at Sydney Poetry Lounge, the room full of spectators who got to listen to a range of poetry. Different people different styles.

One of the people I was there with (Anthony) is a doctor so when a woman got up to read out a poem that was anti-vaxx he shuddered and spoke. The poets mastered the sound system after an inaudible start, but once they regulated the distance between the mouth and the mic it was guns away!

A healthy crowd at poetry Lounge

Anna Hueneke recited and sang her masterful songs based on Biblical precedents, the melody transporting me back centuries making me wonder at the world. I didn’t understand the songs because they’re written in Hebrew but I got the emotion embodied in them.

It was the last Poetry Lounge of the year and the organisers did a great job making it happen it was worth the $10 entry fee. The effort required to make this type of event happen is considerable but the attendance last night made me think that it’s appreciated.

Comments

  1. I’ve heard Anna’s beautiful songs in Hebrew a few times now, she often precedes them with the English version which assists in understanding the emotion behind them. I read a new poem at the last meeting which is to become the forward in a true story about the prevalence of jockeys’ deaths. The room did have a warm and welcoming atmosphere. I look forward to attending more next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment