Themed New Orleans night at Don Bank

With a themed night of poetry readings supplied by attendees I completely forgot in preparation and took along something unrelated to New Orleans. Nobody seemed to mind and I had some comments, one woman even wanted to read the poem on paper and I obliged during the supper.

Bee and Alan sang and played before Roberta Lowing (see photo) performed by reading out one long poem and several shorter ones from a recent book of hers.

The theme of New Orleans seemed appropriate for the times because while the earth is warming we seem collectively to be intent on enjoying ourselves at all costs. Perhaps next time I’ll stick to the script and fit in, as it was I read out ‘It’s a living thing’ from ‘The Words to Say’, a collection of sonnets I put together during Covid.

Comments